Monday, October 18, 2010

The Inviting Foyer

One of my requirements in the new house was to have a true foyer...a place that says "welcome friends, please come in". I have always loved the grand foyers that are large enough for a round table in the center with a bouquet of fresh flowers. Ours won't be quite so "Gone With The Wind" like, but I do vow to make it inviting. Here are some of my favorite foyer photos.


Compliments of House Beautiful. The lighting and doors blow me away! 

Compliments of House Beautiful. I am a sucker for anything turquoise so of course this is a favorite. I can see this foyer belonging to a home near the ocean.

Compliments of HGTV. This foyer is big and dramatic but inviting at the same time.

Compliments of HGTV. Although this entry is small, the colorful art and eye catching chandelier are beckoning.

Compliments of HGTV. This foyer is minimalistic but the wood tones create a warm feeling.

Compliments of HGTV. This entry is very orderly and ladylike. The bold patterns in the pillows and mirrors make it interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment